Thursday, June 5, 2008

my vent about computers


Computers like cars are great when they work and a pain when they don't. I picked up Aaron and Jenna's computer from the repair shop today set it up for them again. I found I had to reinstall the wireless network adapter. It was simple the first time I did it, but not so this evening. After many tries, I discovered by going to the manufacturer's website on our other computer that I needed an updated driver after service pack 3 had been installed. I downloaded it and then had to unzip it and transfer it to this computer with my flash drive. I finally got a network connection but no internet connection. After many more tries and reading the help files and the troubleshooting wizards I finally, 2 1/2 hours later got the internet working. Its now almost 3 am and I haven't been to bed yet.

So again computers are wonderful when they work and I think I should leave the rest to the experts.

0 comments: