Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No more Cricut Cartridges




I missed the boat with wanting to purchase Making the Cut software to use with my Cricut Personal Electric Cutter but was able to download Sure Cuts a Lot version 2 to use with Cricut. for the same price (don't purchase version 3 because it will not work.)and have my Cricut machine cutting designs I have created or downloaded just like I can using Funtime with my old blue Wishblade. I can cut out any true type font without having to buy font cartridges and there are tons of free .svg files you can import into Sure Cuts a Lot. I just figured out how to separate colours in svg files to cut. You just have to ungroup the objects and pull up the layers menu. Click on the colours you do not want to cut. Insert your paper into the Cricut machine and then cut. I'm having lots of fun just playing.

0 comments: