Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Bracelets

I did a web search for Lewy Body Dementia bracelets and all that I could find were Alzheimers and Parkinson's Awareness Bracelets.


Lewy Body Dementia is the 2nd most common dementia after Alzheimers but almost no-one knows what it is.  Since we are living with it with my Dad, Jenna and I thought it would be appropriate to create our own bracelets for some very special people in our lives.  We combined the silver for Parkinsons with  the blue from Alzheimers and added forget me not flowers and a heart. 
We still have some supplies so if you would like to help us in our awareness campaign let us know.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

My mother had Alzheimer's and a dear family friend has parkinsons both nasty diseases, I would not wish these on anyone.... Anything I can do to help bring awareness to these I will gladly do... Bless you,stay strong and together you will get thru this.....:)

JLHede said...

You may already know about this, but the Lewy Body Disease Association has a lot of good information for families and caretakers. (http://www.lbda.org) Considering that, prior to about 10-15 years ago, the medical community did not even have a universally-recognized clinical definition of the disease, the growth in the number of persons diagnosed with Lewy Body Disease is indeed amazing. A lot of these people, in my experience, were mis-diagnosed as having either Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's. Good luck to you in your efforts.

Unknown said...

Where can I find this bracelet