Saturday, March 21, 2009

Warning: Don't try to use the silicone rubber pad in your Big Shot

I tried using my new matchbox die this morning but had trouble with the fold lines cutting through. I was talking on the phone to a friend while I did this so warn you not to make the same mistake. I thought I had the crease pad and not the silicone rubber texture pad in my sizzix sandwich. I sent it through without the top acylic pad and it did nothing. So next time I added the top acrylic pad and now I have a silicone rubber pad in the shape of the bottom portion of the matchbox. If only I had taken more care and checked the directions I wouldn't have made the costly mistake.
Marie has a tutorial on how to use the silicone rubber and a texture place in the Big Shot

This is what I should have done instead.
Patty Lynn writes on Splitcoaststampers
This crease pad is to be used on Sizzix dies that have score lines on them (i.e. Pillow Box). I have a Big Shot...so this is the sandwich I use (bottom from top):- cutting pad- two plastic shims (come with the crease pad)- die (facing up)- cardstock- crease pad.

Now I'll just have to replace my silicone rubber sheet with my next order.

0 comments: