Saturday, April 25, 2009

It won't be like this for long

A little while ago I caught an Oprah Winfrey show with Daruis Rucker (Hootie and the Blowfish fame) singing a song titled It won't be this way for long.

This afternoon we were at a family gathering as a tribute to Father Gerald who is working in South Africa. He was able to visit for a short time and talked about his work in the townships about 2 1/2 hours outside of Johannesburg. As I watched my 12 year old be Father Gerald's AV man and holding a conversation about the origin of mankind I was reminded how quickly our children grow up. Just thought I'd share this song for any of you who are as sentimental as I am right now.

1 comments:

colleen said...

Hi Gerrie,

I loved the song. I have a 16 year old daughter and ten year old son. The song was very touching.
Thanks

Colleen McCambridge