Friday, May 15, 2009

Under the Stars, Lovely as a Tree and Wow Flowers


I haven't made a card in a while so decided I would make some for the Scout leaders who gave up their holiday weekend to take Aaron and the others canoeing in Algonquin Park.
I when I get to use a lot of my Stampin Up products in one project. It justifies having them, doesn't it?
Paper: water colour paper, chocolate chip, really rust & glorious green cardstock (sorry the plaid paper is something I had in my non Stampin Up stash.)
Stamps: Under the Stars for the bear and the accessories, Lovely as a Tree for the trees, Wow Flowers for the thank you
Inks: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, really rust, tempting turquoise, cool caribbean, summer sun, only orange, kiwi kiss, hunter green and glorious green.
Ribbon: chocolate chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Dies: Top Note Big Shot die
Punches: Designer Label.
Adhesive: Snail and Stampin Up dimensionals.
First I stamped the bear. Using a mask, I stamped the trees in the background and then stamped the compass, the sleeping bag, the can on a stick and the bugspray over his arms and legs to complete my scene.
I stamped the bear twice again so I could layer a full bear and then the face on the card putting dimensionals between the top 2 layers.
I stamped the sleeping bag onto the plaid paper and just cut out the roll part of the top to layer on the card.
Forgot to mention the sponging of the sky and the ground.
I also put dimensionals under the frame I made by cutting the top note die.
Now I'll just have to make 3 more (3 leaders and one to keep), get 3 Timmy's gift cards and they will be ready to give when the troop returns on Monday.

0 comments: