Monday, July 30, 2007

What made you start scrapbooking/stamping?

I had some scrapbooking kits in our garage sale and a sample of pages made with each kit. So many people stopped to admire them and the comment I heard over and over again is "I'd like to start scrapbooking but .....,"
So the question I have for you is why/when/how did you start scrapbooking or stamping?

I started when my son was born 11 years ago. I didn't like any of the prepared baby books. Went to a Creative Memories party and was hooked. Didn't have the money to buy an album so worked on a package of refill pages tied together with ribbon. When Aaron was old enough to turn the pages my husband told me I'd better go and buy an album before our little guy destroyed it.

I was introduced to the world of stamping by my sister in law who as a graphic designer created some stamp designs for a local stamp manufacturer. I took some stamp classes in a scrapbook store and have never looked back. I had my own online scrapbook business and worked in a scrapbook store. My best friends and my daughter are all scrapbookers/stampers so I think it will always be part of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter-in-law took me to a CM party in 2001 and I have been hook ever since. Found Gerrie's on line store and met Gerrie, asked her to teach me 1/2 of what she knows and I am still learning today.
Thanks Gerrie for all your patience.
Eliz.