Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bottomless Card Boxes


I know I talked about these before on my blog but hadn't started them. The 10 wooden cigar type boxes Jenna and I found at Dollarama were staring at me sitting on our craft table. We thought they would be great to give as gifts filled with hand made cards. To make it even more lasting with each box will go a note explaining that just like a bottomless cup of coffee this is a bottomless box of cards. If the recipient returns the box to me, Jenna and I will make more cards to fill it.

To fit the box I had to trim 1/4" off the 5 1/2" side of an invitation size card to fit 2 cards side by side.
The plan is to make a variety of cards for different occasions but I have yet to finalize the details. I don't want it to get too complicated or confusing to keep track of. It wouldn't be as much fun if family members or mutual friends receive the same handmade birthday card from 2 people. I could use a different stamp set for each box but am not quite sure if that would work for masculine and children's birthday cards. I'll have to play a bit more. In this case I started using Stampin Up's Baroque Motif set and cased a card made by Renee Van Stralen, posted on Splitcoaststampers. I changed the size a bit to fit the box and added stickles to the flowers instead of using the brads on the darker brown portion. I decorated the inside of the box by stamping directly on the wood. I'd like to paint the outside of the box the pale green of the ribbon and decorate it too. That however I'll have to leave for another day.

1 comments:

Jules said...

You are so creative! I love the boxes and the ideas!