Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Altered Planner


I purchased a Mead 5 1/2 x 8" 2008 page a day planner (with a mauve vinyl cover of course) and was disapointed to find it did not have a monthly calendar at the beginning of each month. Julie to the rescue. I found her daytimer pages a couple of days ago and had a brainwave.

I modified Julie's pages slightly so that they had Canadian holidays on them.
Carefully opened up the coil binding on my day planner.
Measured the pages and cut the monthly ones to fit.
Punched the holes in the appropriate place using my Crop-o-dile to go through all the new pages at once.
Placed the new pages where they needed to go.
I also added pages for addresses and one for birthdays and anniversaries.
Then I had another brainwave. What if I put the covers in a 12 x 12" page protector.
Punched holes in the appropriate place.
I could then personalize the cover and change it with the seasons. I carefully put it all back together using my bind it all to re-close the coil binding.
Then all I needed was tabs for each month so I used my Stampin Up tab punch and added them.
Just need to create my cover page to slip between the page protector and the original cover and I have an altered planner that is a little more interesting than the usual.
I still have to decorate my cover pages and will add photos when I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished book, look great so far.
Eliz.

Julie said...

Great job! Glad you could use it! I love mine!!!