Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Touch of Dutch (Wishblade/Silhouette file)


This is the last layout of this year's Christmas Celebrations so my Christmas album which I started 3 years ago is up to date.
The Dutch comes out in us in December when we celebrate Sinterklaas. This is probably as Dutch as my children can get. I remember going to the Dutch Canadian Society of London's St. Nick party as a child and my children continue the tradition. This year Oma and Opa were away on a cruise but Aaron and Jenna wanted to go. Every year Sinterklaas and his helpers, who throw candy to eager children, are ushered in by the Dykehoppers band playing Sinterklaas Kapoentje.
Chocolate initials are also an integral part of our traditions. This year a mouse enjoyed my niece Lauren's "L" before she had a chance to.
My children do not understand the Dutch language but this little bit of Dutch culture will stick with them for the rest of their lives.
A Touch of Dutch .gsd file available by clicking on Gerrie's .gsd files link in sidebar.
Password is happy2008

0 comments: