Sunday, March 4, 2007

Trouble with reverse image stamping

Ok this should not be so difficult. I want to use a baby shoe stamp to create a pair of shoes. I have stamped first on one side of vellum. let it dry, turned it over and then stamped on the other side. Because vellum is translucent both images show on both side. I used this technique last year for a Valentine's card for the kids. That was not the look I was after now though. I tried using a brayer with no luck at all. Then I tried using a transparency to transfer the image from the plastic to paper. No matter what ink I used the reverse image always looks like a 2nd generation image and even if I used the 2nd generation image for the other image, it still looks darker than the reverse one. I also tried a teddy bear stamp from a different set with the same results. It would be ok if I was using a tree stamp and wanted a reflection in the water.
I checked on Splitcoaststamper to see if there was another way. Wax paper or a stamp designed for reverse imaging were suggested. I'll just have to go get the reverse image stamp when I get a chance.

0 comments: