Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Remembering a Christmas past.


I keep looking at the high speed modem sitting here waiting to be installed.
{Post script: I was dreading the installation process because invariably something goes wrong and I end up spending hours with a technical support agent but this was not the case. It virtually was plug and play.)
It was supposed to be a Christmas gift. Unfortunately the surprise was ruined by our parcel delivery man who delivered the box from our internet provider while we were all in the living room watching Shrek the halls last week.
Must have been a long day for our parcel carrier (the one who stopped me in the middle of the road last year when my Wishblade arrived). I plan to install it tomorrow.
Anyway, it reminded me of my first Christmas I spent with my husband. He bought me a modem (which looks a little like this one) wrapped in gold paper. He was so proud of the wrapping he did. I didn't really know at the time what it was or did. Nor did I really appreciate it for what it was. Little did I know what a world it would open up for us. It was before the days of the internet as we know it. It was in the days of bulletin boards or what we now know as message boards or forums. Looking back it was probably the most useful gift anyone has ever bought me. I guess he was just a little ahead of his time. Thank you Arthur for making that Christmas and every one since so special.

0 comments: