Thursday, November 29, 2007

Playing with my Wishblade and Spirelli flowers

I was playing with my Wishblade and "traced" the spirelli flower shape so it can be cut in different sizes using Inkscape software. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Now off to create something with the shapes I cut. If I did it right it should be a layered flower with 3 sized layers.


The flowers are very close to the size of the Spirelli punches but if I used the middle one to layer you don't see the thread work on the larger one. Each of these flowers were done with green, red and yellow thread. Depending on how it is done they all look very different.
Notice the 2nd one on the bottom is showing you the back of the flower. Its very easy to do. Aaron and Jenna are working on their own. I don't know how many layers Aaron has done on his. Mine just have 3 layers of thread.
Tape the thread to the back of the shape. Bring it forward between 2 of the petals. Decide how big or small you want the center circle to be. The more petals between the thread smaller the circle will be. I often started with 8 petals between and wound the thread around keeping the same number of petals between where the thread comes up and then goes down toward the back. Just keep working around until you have 2 threads around each petal. Tape the thread to the back. Leave it as is or add another layer of thread using a different number of petals between the thread. Sound much more complicated than it is. Sorry. For those of you who are visual, here is a tutorial: http://www.stubbystampers.com/spirellisteps.htm

0 comments: